That man sure knows how to give a speech. That man...President-elect Barack Obama. I didn't cry during his victory speech as so many others did, but I did sit there transfixed. His words are...inspiring, empowering, thoughtful, purposeful.
I recommend that everyone go back and read what he said again, or listen again. Listening to him I was reminded of the Inaugral Address of John F. Kennedy, the powerful message found therein. I would not be surprised if Kennedy's speech was used as inspiration for Obama's speech, and would not be surprised if it was again echoed in Obama's Inaugral Address.
We've come so far as a nation, and I'm tremendously proud to be part of it. From the end of slavery in this country in the 1860s to the Civil Rights movement of the 1950s-1960s to today when we have elected an African-American person as our 44th President and eagerly await his Inauguration on January 20, 2009.
Yes, we can. Yes, we did.
No comments:
Post a Comment