Monday, November 17, 2008

Thanksgiving Dilemma...Solved!

I had been peevishly wishing that my dad and stepmom were going to be in the area for Thanksgiving so that I would have a good excuse not to go to the dinner party my mom is throwing on Thanksgiving Day when it hit me...breakfast! I'm brilliant!

In the same way that many children from divorced parents split their holidays, I too will split my holiday. Mom and her guy friend are coming over for a semi-early breakfast and to watch the parade on tv, then they will head off to prepare for their dinner party and I will make a Thanksgiving Day feast (including a 20 pound turkey) for DH and myself.

2 comments:

Yo said...

yaayyyyyy!!! fix my thanksgiving dilemma, wouldja? please? she's bringing the elephant in the room. and... ugh. i don't want her to bring the elephant. i'm hoping it will be a week they're broken up.

Carrie said...

I'm still mulling over your predicament, but nothing has come to mind so far. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the break up scenario in the mean time.