Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thanksgiving Dilemma

Mom casually asks what DH and I have planned for Thanksgiving. I tell her we haven't really given it much thought yet. She tells me that she and her guy friend are going to have a get together at his house and have invited several couples. We are, of course, invited. None of the people attending are family, just a random assortment of the same people they often have dinner with. Isn't that a little strange? It sounds like they're throwing a dinner party that just happens to fall on Thanksgiving Day.

So here's the dilemma if it's not already clear... I'd like to spend Thanksgiving with my Mom. She's the only family in the area after all (at least at this time of year). On the other hand, I don't want to spend Thanksgiving at a dinner party. I wouldn't object at all if this were him and his kids and then us. That, at least, is family. So I don't want to hurt my mom's feelings, but I also don't want to go. *sigh*

1 comment:

Yo said...

ugh, that's lame. i don't know what to suggest. COME TO SAN DIEGO!! family is weird, unless they're not. and then that's weird.

is this something you can talk to her about?