I'm on a program between my company and the State of Washington called Work Share. It was started by the State to encourage companies in tough times not to lay people off. The way it works is that 4 days a week I go to work and get paid by my company as usual, then 1 day a week I stay at home and draw 60% of my daily salary from the State in the form of unemployment. My day off is on Wednesdays because I'm the 3rd in seniority in my dept so Mondays and Fridays were taken.
On the one hand, I get 3 days off each week instead of 2, and I can definitely use the extra time to get stuff done. On the other hand, we could definitely use the money I'm not getting. It is certainly better than looking for a new job, and none of my benefits are affected by working only 32 hours. Not a bad deal over all.
So, what do I do on my day off? Today for example, I was up at 7am helping DH get ready for work and take care of River. At 8am I went back to bed (DH took River to work with him), and slept til 10am. I know, it was awesome. I got in a long shower and had time for a pedicure. I got the living room and kitchen picked up a bit before it was time for me to go pick up River from DH at noon. Since then I've been playing with River when she is awake and playing Flyff when she's asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment