At any given time in the game Flyff that DH and I are playing you can find dozens of people standing around the towns with little signs above their heads indicating they have things to sell. At first we ignored these people as their prices for things seemed outrageous. Then as we got to higher levels we noticed that some of the items that would drop for us were nice things, and the very same things that were in peoples' shops.
The upshot is that we gave opening up our own shops a try and have found a fun new game within a game. Two things I've noticed since starting to play the Flyff economy... 1) I get just as many items (if not more) to sell in my shop from from other peoples' shops as I do from actually playing the game, and 2) there are lots of people with more money than sense.
Coincidentally (or maybe not), I'm quite successful in the Neopets economy as well. They have changed the way that shops stock now, but when I first started, restocking was the most fun part of playing (aside from mooning over my Noil collection, which was paid for by my restocking). Restocking is basically buying something from a Neopets shop and then selling it for a much higher price in your shop to people not fast enough to catch it in the Neopets shop in the first place.
I wish I was this adept at working the economy in real life. I could retire...
No comments:
Post a Comment