Saturday, August 16, 2008

Twilight Movie


The latest news on the Twilight movie is that the release date as been moved up to November 21st! Woohoo! Get reading, Yo!

While I'm nervous about how the book will translate to movie form, I know that the author has loved what she's seen of it and thinks that the true spirit of Twilight comes through wonderfully even when parts had to be changed for cinematic effect.

There was all this controversy over the casting of Edward, who is played by Robert Pattinson (he played Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter movies). I wouldn't have wanted to be in charge of that casting...I mean everyone has their own idea of what Edward should look like and they were just not going to please everyone. Seriously, the guy got hate mail at first for being chosen. Really? Hate mail? Of course, he's now adored far and wide as fans got used to the choice. I actually had seen the cast of the movie before I started the books so I pictured the cast in my head while reading instead of having to make up my own, so I missed out on my chance to send hate mail...ah well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i JUST finished breaking dawn last night! i read all four of them in a week. it was ridiculous. my sister is at the end of book two, and has book three at the ready.

i can see the actress playing bella. i saw the cover of the magazine that had "edward" on it that had everyone up in arms. cedric's hot. i think he'll do a good job.

do you know if they're making all four into movies? they totally should.

Carrie said...

Holy shit, that didn't take long. I assume you took breaks to work, sleep, eat, that sort of thing.

I suppose that if I had started reading them after they were all out that I would have done the same. Actually I can see myself calling in sick so I could keep reading.

I'm sure that if Twilight is a success in the theaters, which I'm sure it will be, then they will make the others. I checked imdb.com and there is an entry for New Moon with 2010 listed for release, but the rest of the info is for paying customers only.