Friday, August 29, 2008

How heartbreaking...

Stephanie Meyer has posted on her official website that an unfinished draft of Midnight Sun was leaked onto the internet. Midnight Sun is/was to be Twilight from Edward's perspective. I say "is/was" because Stephanie is so upset from this utter violation of her work as an author (and as a human being) that she is putting off the completion of this work indefinitely. I can't imagine that level of betrayal. She even knows who leaked it because there were so few people who had access and each copy was a little different.

I'm...I'm...crushed. I can totally see how Stephanie would not be in the right frame of mind to continue writing at this point. I will however continue to hope that she eventually comes back to tell this story. I read the rough first chapter of Midnight Sun that Stephanie has had posted n her website for quite some time, and I'm hooked. I need to see more of Edward's side of things.

*hopes*

edit: Here is a link to the official site and Stephanie's message dated 8/28/08.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UGH, are you KIDDING??

did i tell you that i went out and bought all four books and went through them in a week? and my sister wasn't far behind me. and then my coworker wasn't far behind her. all in all, the three of us finished the four books each in two weeks.

i'm currently 125th in line at the library for the host.

Carrie said...

Totally not kidding. I'll add a link to her site to the post.

I've heard The Host is good, but not as compelling as the Twilight books. Duh...no Edward.