Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Everyone loves snow!



Driving in snow? Now that's another matter. The first snow of the year has arrived with a vengeance in the PNW. Make that the first snow of the Winter! At least at our house. We'd seen a few flakes before, but nothing stuck. We got about 4 inches here today, but many places near us got much, much more.

Fortunately I've found a relatively flat route to work that doesn't take me that far out of my way. 25 minutes to work when normal is 8 minutes. Of course I'm going only 20 mph. [My apologies to that person behind me on the way home. I'm only working with front wheel drive here.]

Shoveling snow? Also not fun.

(Photo credit goes to Shannon Eileen and the ** Happiness Is... ** blog, which I follow.)

1 comment:

Amy Davis said...

Yeah, I have yet to leave my house, our snow started Saturday and hasn't gone anywhere (all in all we have about a foot on the ground and some melted before we got more). I'm thinking tomorrow I have to go into work. Should be fun as the snow is all turning to ice. Joy! All that being said, I love the snow, it's beautiful!