Sunday, January 22, 2012

2012 Week 3 - Network Issues, Pet Peeves and Art

  • I tried. Overtime is needed at work and I headed into the office not once but twice this weekend to put in a few hours to help get us caught up. Saturday morning we all got there about 8am only to find that the network was down, preventing us from doing almost anything. The tech person was called and his remote fiddling yielded no results, so he decided to come in. I didn't wait. I told my boss I'd come back in Sunday morning rather than waste time waiting. So...take two. I get there this morning (this being Sunday) and either the network is STILL down, or it is down AGAIN. *sigh*
  •  An open letter to my coworkers (not that I think any of my coworkers read my blog): Please stop using the "reply all" option on emails. Seriously. I will admit that there are a few instances where it is acceptable, but these instances are extremely rare. And if your response is "Go team!" or a variation thereof, it is NOT one of those extremely rare instances. Quite frankly you are putting yourself in mortal peril (only a slight hyperbole) by selecting the "reply all" option. It's a waste of time for you to write these emails and it certainly a waste of time for me to have to read them. 99% of the time I see a "reply all" email I want to knock myself unconscious by banging my head on my desk. You don't want that, do you coworkers?
  •  What's making me happy this week is art. My It's subjective... board on Pinterest is filling up with great pieces of art I've found around the internet, like this one The Beautiful Manakara by Stephanie Ledoux.

No comments: