Friday, January 9, 2009

New Year's Goals

Everyone has been great about not bugging me about how my resolutions are going. So I'll let you all know how it's going.

- Cutting back on the soda intake. This one is going really well actually. I was basically drinking at least one a day. At least! Since setting my goal I've had one can of Mt Dew and I split a medium Barqs with DH.
- Snacking less and eating healthier when I do snack. Honestly I'm doing better with the second part than the first. I have managed to avoid a lot of the sweets brought into my office though so I'm feeling good. Apples and carrots, pretzels and almonds. But the big thing is being aware of portions. Just taking enough to be a snack and not continually snacking.
- Work on getting back into shape. I'm sure there's no pound lossage yet, but I have been trying to stretch more often and get in a few crunches, etc. when I can. Combined with the above goals I'm pretty optimistic.
- Play with River more often. I've been making a point to run around the house with her every time she comes to me to play. We have a circular layout to our kitchen, dining room, entry way, living room and office, so it's pretty easy to play chase. I'm hoping to have a few nice days here so we can start taking walks again.

So there you have it. Now I'm back to playing LittleBigPlanet...

2 comments:

Yo said...

have you tried a pilates dvd? my sister has one, and it's amazing! i sit and watch her do them, and you can really tell she's getting toned.

seriously. uh.. maybe i should do it now? or go for that mile and a half walk to the lake? there's a LAKE a mile and a half from my house and i'm sitting here blogging and playing mario kart.

congrats on the soda intake. i cut it out after 2pm. i'm not a big soda drinker, but for some reason i crave it in the afternoon. which is bad what with all the caffeine.

anywhoogle, seriously with the pilates dvd. my sister swears by it.

Carrie said...

I actually have a set of pilates videos (and a set of bellydancing ones too). Just need to commit to actually doing them. I feel terribly self conscious about exercising in front of others and my alone time is limited.