Thursday, January 15, 2009

Home Improvements Start Up Again

My mom got us a new faucet for the kitchen sink for Christmas. The one we had was leaking in 2 spots (at the handle and at the sprayer nozzle). It's now been replaced and works like a charm. And now that the sprayer and faucet are one unit we have room to put in a built in soap dispenser.

I'm beginning the process of painting again as well. I sanded down some of the rough patches in the hallway today and need to pick up more spray texturing. I can then paint this weekend or next, probably both as there is a lot of trim work to do. I'll also have to replace all the doorknobs and hinges on the doors to match the ones we've already updated. Shiny brass is slowly disappearing from the house to be replaced with brushed silver. Oh...and a new light fixture, that's brass as well. *sigh* There are always more projects than funding...

No comments: