Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy Birthday, Small Dog!

River turns 6 months old today. She's been with us for 4 months, but I can't imagine life without her. I love watching her grow. She's almost as big now as she's going to get if the puppy books can be believed, but I think she's still going to get about 3 inches taller and 15 pounds heavier (she's 48 pounds now). She had a play-date with a lab from her mother's litter and that was the size of the other dog.

She's now big enough to jump up onto our rather high bed and we're having to train her to only do so upon invitation. There have been a couple of night time scares for DH and I as she decided she would rather sleep with us instead of in her own bed and arrived quite suddenly in between us. It's hard to keep to our rule of her not being allowed to sleep with us. We love having her up there with us. And often times when one of us has to leave earlier than the other she will be invited up to snuggle and sleep for a bit, but we're planning on getting another dog in a few years and I don't want our bed filled with dogs.

No comments: