Saturday, December 20, 2008

Getting to know your holidays...

Holiday version of the getting to know you email has arrived in my inbox so here its...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I'm torn...I love the fun of tearing into the wrapping paper, but bags are reusable and I like being green.

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. Always had a real tree growning up, but they're pretty expensive now and our artificial one is pre-lit and fools a lot of people.

3. When do you put up your tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? The first week of January...under protest.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My parents got me an enormous teddy bear one year. Huge. 4 feet tall, easy. Loved that bear. Not entirely practical, but that's hardly the point at Christmas.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My mother-in-law.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Darling husband. He prepares a list and everything.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Let's just leave it at "no."

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Snail mail!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A box full of used hair scrunchies. I kid you not.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I don't even know where to begin...

16. Lights on the tree? Why is this a question? Who doesn't put lights on their tree?

17. Favorite Christmas song? It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes.

20. What's on top of the tree? This year a little stuffed polar bear.

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Christmas Day.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Traffic.

23. Favorite Ornament? Of all time?! I can't pick one...our 2008 ornament is a picture of River in a mirrored frame.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Spiral-cut ham.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? CDs: And Winter Came by Enya, Safe Trip Home by Dido, Spirit by Leona Lewis. DVDs: Wall-E. Books: My Dog's Life: A Photo Journal of Unconditional Love, Twilight (hardcover). Games: Lego Batman. Misc: Cuisanart Griddler, king size down comforter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can personally vouch for the box full of used scrunchies. What's worse is she wasn't the only one to receive a box.

Carrie said...

D'oh! I finally get the "lights on the tree" question. It's the color...white.