I'm not a parent yet, so I don't feel like I stand in a position to criticize parenting techniques, but if I ever say, "If you're going to act like a child, then I'm going to have to treat you like one," and I'm talking to a 3 year old, will someone please slap me?
4 comments:
hahahahahahahaaaa!!!!!!
I will, but you'll be mad when I do it in front of your three year old.
:)
Speaking as someone who has probably said similarly ridiculous things in the past as well as the near future, I can kind of see how it makes sense, in their defense.
Generally speaking, kids really, really want to be older than they are, as much as adults want to be younger. So to be treated age-appropriately, or at least obviously so, could be seen as a pretty big insult.
They always want to be entrusted with secrets and privileges above and beyond their supposedly inferior little peers.
That being said, I'm 100% I should be slapped for many, many things I say and do in this area.
Did I mention that the 3 year old in question was throwing a temper tantrum in public at the time?
I think I get the theory that the parents are working under, the whole actions have consequences thing, but as an outsider I guess it just showed up as an exercise in futility to try reasoning at that particular point.
Post a Comment