Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Not fun

Since DH's former company filed for bankruptcy we decided to file a claim against the bankruptcy for the vacation pay that they owe him (see here for more info). We printed off the claim form from the bankruptcy court's website. Filling out the form took quite a while as it was hard to tell which section our claim fell under. Eventually we called my dad. He didn't work on bankruptcy law, but knew enough to point us in the right direction.

Now we've been sent more information and another claim form. It took while, but we've determined that we don't have to fill out this new form. It's only for people filing claims under Section 503(b)(9). I don't recall what Section our claim was made under, but the upshot is that it's not 503(b)(9). No wonder most people don't bother making claims. This officially falls under the heading of 'not fun.'

3 comments:

Yo said...

oh my gosh. lame. but good for you for getting it. so many people wouldn't stick with it.

Unknown said...

I love being owed money we could really use right now and not being sure we're going to see any of it, let alone all of it. At least I don't work for that company any longer.

Carrie said...

From what I understand of Bankruptcy Law (which admittedly couldn't fuel a mosquito's motorcycle on a trip around a dime), I think our claim has a fairly high priority for being an unsecured claim. Whether that will actually translate into $$$ remains to be seen, but we're not out anything for trying.