Monday, March 2, 2009

Some to None

Back in September I wrote about the Work Share program I'm on at work. Well, my eligibility for the first phase of the program has run out. I have to wait until May for the second phase to kick in. So our discretionary funds have gone from some to none, for a while. Work Share had replaced the $400 I would normally make on those days with $240 that I would make for staying home. Now that's at $0 (half of January and all of February, March and April).

We'll be going over what we spend to see what we can cut out so that we're not sliding backwards each month, and getting DH into a new vehicle is out for a while (new to us, not new new...his car is heading towards being a crap pile at a pretty steady rate). We'll be okay though. Neither of us is in danger of losing our jobs outright, and our fingers are crossed that part of Obama's new plan will help us refinance at some point and lower our monthly payments.

No comments: