Tuesday, March 24, 2009

At last...

My copy of the Twilight dvd arrived yesterday and I got to watch it last night (for the first time). I like it. I really liked it actually. I certainly liked it more than I thought I would. I think I'll be watching it again soon. I still have to get through all the special features and whatnot. I may just have to see New Moon in the theaters (despite the sobbing teenagers), we'll see.

4 comments:

Yo said...

i highly recommend seeing it in the theater in the first few days it comes out. you really don't get the whole experience unless you sit in a room full of raging hormones. if you can, sit next to a girl who gasps and reaches for the screen every time edward comes on. and tells jacob to get off the screen.

leg jiggling is a must, as well.

how are the extras? a friend of mine got the board game. we're going to have a twilight party. oh, my poor boyfriend.

Yo said...

oh, and did you read The Host? how did you end up liking it?

Carrie said...

I did read it. Here's what went up on goodreads...

"I was worried about reading this book. I had a lot of people tell me they liked it. I also had a lot of people tell me that they had wanted to like it, having read the Twilight series, but just couldn't get into it.

I have to say I really liked it. It didn't pull me in as quickly as the Twilight story, but about half way through I felt the familiar addiction to Stephanie's writing creep back into me. Two weeks to get through the first half...one day to finish it up. I thought the story was uniquely interesting and the characters pretty well defined."

Carrie said...

I just finished the extras and they're pretty good. I got the 2 disc special edition. A couple of the extended scenes were good. I like the deleted scenes. And the making of documentary was interesting. I probably won't watch them again, but fun to see nonetheless.