DH and River were playing yesterday and River fell awkwardly onto one of her back legs. She was limping a little bit last night and didn't want to seem to play like she normally does. We gave her half an Asprin and figured we'd see how she was in the morning.
I have the day off and she let me sleep in until 9:30 when the noise from the guys roofing the neighbor's house woke me up. She wouldn't get out of bed. Wouldn't even come to the edge of the bed. I lifted her down, but she whimpered when I picked her up and when I set her down. Not good. She came out to the living room with me, but she wouldn't put any weight on the leg she'd fallen on. Definitely not good. So I called the vet and we have an 11:30 appointment. I'm worried. Poor little tripod...
Update! The vet thinks that one of the ligaments in her leg is partially torn. She gave us some anti-inflammatory/pain medication that will last a few days. If River improves then great, but if she seems to get worse we are to take her back to the vet post haste and they'll do some x-rays. Keep your fingers crossed for her!
They also weighed her while we were there and River is up to 59.5 pounds, which the vet says is a great weight for her to be at. So screw all those people with there "butterball" comments. Vet says she's not fat, so shove it.
Further update! It's the next morning and River is definitely improving. She still seems to be stiff and is limping a little, but is putting weight on that back leg again and even got off the bed this morning on her own. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment