Sunday, February 22, 2009

Updates

I've been pretty lax in updating a few things so I'll get that started here...

River
Our girl is 8 months old now and barring another growth spurt, which isn't outside the realm of possibility, she's as big as she's going to get. Which in Lab terms is quite short...she's about knee high. She weighs 55 pounds, still loves bath time and is trying her parents patience with her digging. We think that it has something to do with all the tree roots in the yard (she just thinks she's getting at another stick, but it's still damn frustrating. I really need to get her photo album updated.

Home Improvements
The walls in the hallway and all the trim is now painted to match the rest of the house (Weathered Sandstone for the walls, Polar Bear for the trim). I still need to paint the doors to match, but I need to sand them down first and the rainy weather we're having is hindering that. We have all the new hinges and doorknobs ready for when the painting is done to banish shiny brass from that section of the house. I do need to get the replacement light fixture though.

My New Year's Goals
- Soda intake cutback...I'm totally rocking this one.
- Less snacking and healthier snacks...I'm doing really well on this one too. *guiltily puts away her Red Vines*
- Getting back into shape...I need a shot in the arm on this one. I've been painting and working on the house and yard so much recently I'm not taking the time to do the Pilates thing or even just stretch.
- Play with River more...Doing really well on this one too. I think DH is in on this one as well. We bundle up pretty often and take River on walks around the neighborhood. And we double up chasing her around the house which is fun for all involved.

No comments: