As discussed in my New Year post last year, I don't do resolutions. Instead I set goals. See with resolutions there is the absolute that lends itself to only two outcomes...success or, more likely, failure. With goals you may reach your goal or you may not, but not reaching your goal isn't automatically a failure. If you gave up on your goal that's failure, but maybe your still plugging away at it and just haven't gotten there yet. That lends itself to hope.
So how'd I do last year?
1) Cut back on soda. Success! I would say that my soda intake is definitely down. It's not out completely, but that wasn't the goal.
2) Snack less and healthier. This falls into that still working on it category. I've been trying to make sure that the snacks that I bring home are healthier...mixed success, I have this thing for Cheetos every now and then.
3) Getting in better shape. Some success here. Not a lot of pounds gone here, but a few. This is definitely going to be an ongoing goal.
4) Play with River more often. I'm thinking success on this one too. I could definitely do better during bad weather periods, but we took way more walks this Spring/Summer/Fall. Doing better on time spent playing indoors too. River got a laser pointer for Christmas and that makes it easy to play for longer.
On to this year... That getting in better shape is still on the list. I hope that using the Wii Fit more will help with that. I want to try and be more social. It's easy to get in a rut of staying in, especially when you've married your best friend. We've already started getting together with a couple of other couples from work once a month or so and I'd really like to keep that up.
1 comment:
They say it's good to have goals (although I'm not sure who "they" are...). My brother just got the Wii Fit and called me today to tell me how much fun it was, and he's not one for exercise. I think he just likes having the high score on a video game. :) How's the stray doggie doing? Any updates?
Later,
P.T.
www.pigtailedteacher.blogspot.com
Post a Comment