It's so good to be home. Even with having to go back to work. I think 9 days is too long to be gone. At least for us. We had a blast seeing friends and family, but were missing home, dog, daily life well before it was over.
Especially the dog! Oh how I missed our baby girl. Even though we got in quite late, I insisted that we go pick her up the night we got in. I wanted to sleep in my bed with my dog. She missed us too. Everyone has told us how much happier she is now that we're back and she's back at home.
One funny story from while we were gone... Our friend who was taking care of River while we were away apparently has a fish tank in their bedroom. They had brought a bucket of water in to top off the water level in the tank after cleaning or some such, and when they set the bucket on the floor, River tried to jump in it. Succeeded in getting her front legs all the way. She then hopped back out, sloshing water on the floor, and jumped up on our friends bed. Our dog is a goofball...
No comments:
Post a Comment