In a few days we will be leaving on vacation. Off to see family and friends, and will have a wonderful time, I'm sure. So why am I filled with dread? Simple...separation anxiety. This is the first time that we will be away from River. I'm not dealing well with that. Sort of the opposite of dealing well actually. At least I've moved beyond the denial phase. For a while it brought tears to my eyes to even think about leaving her.
At least I'm very okay with who we're leaving her with. Janine works with DH and adores River. She's like a cool aunt to River. Enough of a playmate to wrestle with River on the floor, but responsible enough not to feed River Cheetos and beer (Some people DH works with have actually asked us if they can feed her these things!). She'll take River into work with her everyday, so that part of River's schedule will stay the same. And River loves Janine's 2 year old lab, Jack.
I've printed out probably 30 pictures to take with me on the trip. Pity the fool who asks me if I have a picture River. Some years ago we were on vacation with some friends when one of they excused themselves to go call and check on their dog at home. If I rolled my eyes or looked askance, I'm sorry. I didn't know.
No comments:
Post a Comment