Sunday, December 6, 2009

Overnight Guest

We had been sort of nervous about putting him in the crate for the night, but we were watching tv and had it out in the living room with us. He sniffed at it a bit, then walked right in and curled up.He made no objections to sleeping in the crate for the night and slept the whole night through so clearly he's housebroken.

I'm thinking that this was someone's pet. I'm hoping he's lost and not that someone abandoned him. He's just too sweet to have been thrown out...

***

DH and River just left for work and it's just me and our little guest. He's not happy about DH leaving. He's been whining at the door he left through, then doing a circuit of the house looking for him. Repeat. It's really heartbreaking. Before he left DH leans down to the dog and says, "I hope you find your family."

***

I may have to have someone go with me. We're so attached to him after just one night. I wish we were in a position to keep him.He just needs more than we can give right now.

No comments: