Sunday, December 6, 2009

Forever Home

I'm back from dropping off the stray we found at the Kitsap Humane Society. For the record, the policy of the KHS is that no animal is put down unless they are so badly injured or sick that it is in the animal's best interest, or unless they demonstrate strong aggression. Less than 5% of all the animals surrendered into their care this year have had to be euthanized.

I got him inside and calmed down with no problem. I filled out what information I could about him and waited there until a vet could come out and do an assessment on him. The vet thinks he was probably in a fight, but that none of the wounds seemed serious and he seemed to be in good spirits. He took being looked over like a champ.

I gave him a hug and said goodbye. He started whining for me as they led him away which of course made me cry, but they were prepared with some kleenex for me. They gave me his check in number so that I can call and see how he's doing. They told me that he won't go up for adoption right away...not until he's healed up and fattened up. In a few weeks I'll be able to see him on their website. I won't get any of the adoption information, which I understand, but we will be able to find out that he has been adopted.

Good luck little friend. I hope you find your forever home soon!

No comments: