Saturday, November 28, 2009

Ready...Set...Christmas!

Thanksgiving being officially over means that I'm free to decorate for Christmas. I'd start earlier, but DH and I have an agreement regarding when I can start in with 'the holiday spirit.' As much as I hate to say it, it's probably for the best.

I went a different direction with the tree this year. I decided to only use ornaments that were red, white, silver, or a combination thereof. It makes for a sparser tree than normal, but that is slightly offset by the fact that there are no ornaments whatsoever on the lower 2 feet of the tree. River has no particular interest in the tree, but that tail of hers has to be taken into account.

The only major decorating item to be done is putting the lights up outside, which hopefully we will be able to do tomorrow, weather permitting.

Oh, and brushing one's teeth and drinking coffee shortly thereafter is no substitute for a peppermint latte.Bleh!

No comments: