Thursday, November 5, 2009

An accident and an opportunity

She was trying to catch a wayward moth that had flown into our living room, but she missed and ended up knocking a lamp off an end table. So we have a broken lamp. There's the 'accident.'

Indecently its the same lamp she broke when she was a puppy. That time it broke cleanly in half, and some adhesive and paint was all that was needed to repair. This time there is a gash about half an inch wide and two inches long on the front.

I don't want to get rid of the lamp though. It's just the right size for where it's at, and I got it for a steal ($10 marked down from $90). What to do about the gash though? Here's the 'opportunity'...decoupage.

Yes, decoupage. The french art of bonding paper cutouts to furniture and other objects. I'll be covering the entire base of the lamp so while the gash will still be there, it will be covered. Problem solved.

While I'm at it I'm thinking of decoupaging this little end table we have that is a good shape and style, but an atrocious color/finish. It may take a bit, I'll post pics when I'm done though.

No comments: