2012 Week 8 - Promotions, Piergings, Food, Friends, and Guild Wars 2
- Week 8? That doesn't look right. Did I skip a week? Oh well...
- Okay, biggest news first... DH landed himself a new position at work. And it comes with a big, fat pay raise! Woohoo! He's the new Assistant Store Manager (Operations) at the Silverdale Wholesale Sports. So...go him.
- Having had Monday off for President's Day,I celebrated by dragging my friend Sally to the mall for lunch and to get my ears pierced for the second time (see below). Yes, it's a little red. Yes, that's normal (especially when I toy with them while they heal). No, I'm not supposed to toy with them while they heal. *shrug* I adored the guy who did the piercings, which I had done at Deep Roots: Tattoos and Piercing (I refuse to let some teenager at one of those usual mall piercing places anywhere near my ears with a glorified staple gun. James may have been pierced and tattooed six ways to Sunday, but he was licensed, professional and meticulous about getting the piercings in the right place.

- DH and I had a fun evening out with my good friends Sally and Jamie, and their respective husbands, Jeremy and Jake. We tried a relatively new place near here called the Bremerton Bar & Grill. I loved the Prime Dip I got and most of the others liked their dinners, but one person's steak was not a good cut and he ended up not eating it (the waitress took it off their bill without a fuss). Maybe the kitchen is still working out some kinks. It was a little on the pricy side, but we'll probably give it another shot in a few months. We also coined the phrase "draw a box" afterward playing video games, which will be an ongoing inside joke, I'm sure.
- I decided to watch the Oscars, even though I'd only seen one of the nominees (not for best picture either - I saw Rango, which was nominated for Best Animated Feature and 'stars' Johnny Depp who I would gladly listen to read...anything really.) Good: Was not delayed for the West coast. Hear that Grammys?! Bad: No Adele performance. Good: No Chris Brown performances. I actually had more fun following the live-blogging and twittering on the internet, but a good time was had, so...
- What's making me happy this week is applying for the Guild Wars 2 beta. Not that I'll necessarily get in, but right now it's a possibility and I'm psyched. I so miss playing Guild Wars, and GW2 promises to be even better. Squee! So excited!
- Also making me happy this week is the twitter account @charliemcdowell. Charlie lives in an apartment below two girls who drive him crazy because he can hear "every dumb thing they say." He posts some of their 'gems' and his thoughts on their musings on his twitter to hilarious effect. Take a look.
No comments:
Post a Comment