I did paint the ceiling. So it wasn't that there was no work done, just very little.
So where are we? I put the new flooring in. By myself. Not that it was hard, but still...by myself. It looks fantastic! And it's not white, which is fantastic in and of itself. Here you can see the new flooring and the new wall color...
I was worried that the wall color would be too dark, but it's not. And it's not white. The trim did stay white, but a new Polar Bear white, so there's that. DH and I did the first coat together, and then he surprised me by doing the second coat while I was at work. You know...cause he's awesome.
My dad did an amazing job on the vanity. Made to order, and so sturdy that you could jump up and down on it with no ill effects (...to it. You might fall off and hurt yourself, so I'd just take my word for it if I were you). The vanity, counter-top, and new faucet are all in as well. The toilet too!
It's sort of a small miracle there were no leaks. My dad and I put in the faucet and we don't exactly have a lot of plumbing experience and the directions for installing the faucet might as well have been written in Greek. Actually Greek probably would have been more helpful because then we could have run them through Google Translate. There were just pictures of the process and 2D pictures of a 3D process are not as helpful as you might think. Pictures and text would have been ideal.
DH and I put in the toilet. We have less combined experience than the me and Dad team, but the directions for installation actually included pictures and text so that leveled the playing field. So glad to have two working toilets in the house again. You wouldn't think it would come up that much, but it did.
Still to do... Put the mirror back up. Install the new light fixture. Put a second coat of paint on the ceiling and touch up the area where the ceiling and walls meet. Paint the medicine cabinet. Touch up the vanity. Install the new towel bars. Re-caulk the bathtub. Re-grout the shower tile walls.


No comments:
Post a Comment