Now that Dad has flown back South for the Fall/Winter/Spring I'm back to my normal schedule of projects (i.e. painting, gardening and other things I can accomplish solo). I'm really excited about what we got done though...
The first projects were getting a huge mirror framed and hung, and then moving the fence line and adding a gate on one side of the house. Details and pictures HERE.
The next project to tackle was adding doors to the closets in both our guest rooms. Modern door kits come in the standard sizes of 24", 48" and 60". Sadly, our house was built in the mid-1970s so our closets are non-standard sizes. 58" and 47" respectively. So we bought most appropriate door kit for each space, then used the table saw (and a variety of other tools) to get the doors down to size. They turned out nice. Still need to get them painted.
DH and I decided that since the one gate had turned out so nicely that Dad and I might as well tackle the other one. It was a little more effort because we had to dig the existing fence posts out, but it turned out just as nicely as the first gate. Glad we went ahead and got that done (River approves as well).
Other projects checked off the list this Summer include replacing more fencing that was rotting, and adding more lighting to the garage. When we moved in the two car garage was "lit" with two 60 watt bulbs (I know, right?). We put in three fluorescent light fixtures that each hold two 110 watt 8 foot lights. It's plenty bright now...




No comments:
Post a Comment