It doesn't happen often, but every once in a while insomnia will strike me. And it has (hence my blogging at 12:30 am on a Wednesday). I've been laying awake for an hour an a half, not the slightest bit sleepy. How is it that there are times when the moment you lay down, your mind whirls to life?
Tonight is like a mini New Years in my head...all kinds of resolutions about what I should be doing in life. Eat less. Exercise more. Cook better. Play less facebook games. Read more. On and on, and around and around. Never really getting anywhere and definitely not getting any closer to actually being asleep.
Finally I got up after some debate with myself over whether it was preferable to stay in bed where it was warm even though I couldn't get to sleep, or get up and read or otherwise distract myself from my endless (and most likely fruitless) decision-making.
Now it's almost 1 am...I'm cold and going to read for a bit, then get back in bed where at least it's warm.
1 comment:
I hate that, I've had a few weeks like that now... I'm feeling rather like a zombie.
Post a Comment