Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Earth Day

Recycle. Change your light bulbs to those funny looking ones that use less energy. Use a reusable water bottle instead of buying bottled water. Look at the way you live and see is there aren't ways to decrease your carbon footprint.

Here's one I started recently... There is always food in my office. People are forever bringing in baked goods of various kinds, and don't get me started on the potlucks. And with the food always seems to come the plastic utensils and paper plates. So to do what I can to cut back on the amount of this stuff that gets used and tossed out, I bought myself 1 plate, 1 bowl, 1 fork and 1 spoon. Now when the food is served I get out my stuff and get in line. The dish washer gets run each night anyways cleaning up after customers, so I just add my stuff in and collect it the next morning.

No comments: