2012 Week 12 - Glasses, Spring, Farewells, Twitter and Trayvon
- My new glasses are in! I can see clearly now, the scratches are gone... /singing
- I was worried about Spring having actually arrived since it was bitterly cold early in the week, but by Friday the sun was out and the weekend was nice enough that I finally got out into the garden for the first time. I got the landscaping adjacent to the house cleaned up, but then ran out of room in the yard waste bin, so the front island will have to wait. And as I posted on facebook, my Spring bulbs (crocuses, daffodils) deserve an award for having fought their way through the inch of moss on the ground to bloom not only on time, but en masse. I suspect the Great Moss War of 2013 is going to be a long and uphill battle.
- My dear friend Sally and her husband left the PNW for their new home of San Diego, California on Friday. facebook updates indicate they were in Eugene, Oregon on Saturday, and San Francisco, California earlier today, so they're making good progress. Gonna miss her so much...
- What's making me happy this week is finding lots of interesting Twitter accounts to follow from Time's The 140 Best Twitter Feeds of 2012. @neiltyson is astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, director of the American Museum of Natural History’s Hayden Planetarium. (I actually already had been following him.) @TheScienceGuy is Bill Nye, The Science Guy. @GalleyCat is the Galley Cat blog which has stories about the publishing industry and other book related items. @TheAVClub is The AV Club website which publishes pop culture related items. @designtaxi is the Design Taxi website which is a grab bag of art, architecture, and technology. Et cetera...check it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment