Sunday, June 5, 2011

Obsessed

I hope that no one thought that since I hadn't posted anything in a while that the Rapture had actually occurred...it's not until October. False alarm.

I had meant to post quite a few times on topics I can no longer recall, and then I became totally obsessed with a new book. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah E. Harkness. I read this book like someone possessed. I seriously considered calling in sick to work so that I could read. Possessed.

And now all I can think about is re-reading it. My copy is en route from Amazon at this very moment. I looked into borrowing it again from the library again and waiting to get my own copy for my birthday, but then I saw the wait time until I could get it back and immediately ordered it.

Mystery. Romance. Adventure. Fantasy. History. Witches and vampires and daemons...oh my. Left my head spinning!

As a matter of full disclosure this is the first book. Sequel for sure. Trilogy? Perhaps. More? Not outside the realm of possibility... Alas, this book is just a recent release, so any followups are years away. I did not know this when I started it. There was a moment of horror while I was reading when I realized that the answers I was desperate to find, were not in the book I was holding. *sigh*

No comments: