Almost 10 years ago we hurt and we cried together as a nation. Tonight we celebrate together as a nation.
Osama bin Laden is dead.
While I know that al Qaeda still wages their war against us, it still comes as such a relief knowing that one man is dead at last.
edit: Some interesting takes going around on last night's momentous news. Here are a couple of quotes I've seen going around on Facebook...
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."
3 comments:
It's a once in a lifetime event to be happy someone has died.
I've had a hard time with this one, while I am certainly glad he no longer walks the face of this earth. I also am having a hard time celebrating or being happy about killing someone. Strange the way that works, but yeah, I'm glad he's gone and no longer able to do what he's been doing!
p.s. Welcome back to the blogging world! :D
This is a good blog post a friend of mine shared that pretty well sums up the conflict lots of people are feeling.
http://www.lutheranzephyr.com/main/2011/05/celebrating-our-enemys-defeat.html
Post a Comment