Not a lot of posting recently.
Main reason, the motherboard in my computer decided that it had worked quite long and hard enough and quit. And it's so old that they don't make it anymore. We found one for sale, but it wasn't exactly cheap and it would have to be shipped from Hong Kong. I have to admit that made me pretty hesitant.
So we ended up moving up the time line on the computer upgrades we had thought would come later in the year. New motherboard, new processor, new RAM and a new power supply.
In the intervening time between when the motherboard went out and when we got the new setup up and running I was using my netbook for internet access and it just isn't the same. Don't get me wrong, I was grateful to have it (DH and I don't share computers well), but with a 10 inch screen and 'compact' keyboard it's not really what I want to be using as a main computer.
Of course, there were some issues that cropped up regarding motherboard/processor compatibility upon assembly, but everything has been resolved and now I'm back on my desktop computer. Woot!
We also had company during this time. DH's mother visited us from Illinois. Not a go, go, go, do, do, do vacation to be sure, but we had a really good, relaxing time while she was visiting. The weather was spectacular the entire time (highly unusual for May in the Pacific NW). And she finally got to meet her other granddog (she has two, DH's brother has a yellow lab, Bailey).
No comments:
Post a Comment