Saturday, March 27, 2010

Progress on the House

Our master bedroom is done. Completely. I got the last of the closet doors painted and hung back up with their new hardware this week. The colors went from yellowish-tan with brick red trim, to a mocha color with white trim. All the hardware went from shiny brass to brushed nickel. The ceiling fan got replaced with a much nicer one that matched the new finishes and furniture in the room. It looks so good. Now if I can just keep it clean...

We come to a stopping point in the renovation of our first spare bedroom. We're about 95% done. Light fixture got changed out, curtains put up instead of the broken blinds that were there, and a light cream color now adorns the walls instead of the light pink with gray trim that was there.

What's left is the closet doors. Standard bi-fold closet doors are 60 inches. The opening to the closet in there is 58 inches. So we're going to make the standard doors into custom doors by taking a quarter of an inch off each side of the 4 doors, but for this we will need my dad and his skill with the table saw, and thus we will pick this project back up in June sometime.

Which means that it's on to the second spare bedroom. We got it mostly cleaned out so that we have room to work in there. Today we replaced the light fixture and dismantled the cobbled together closet organization system. I got the walls in that closet patched and textured, and the first coat of primer put on. You wouldn't think that I'd have to prime in a white room, but with the amount of patching/texturing I'm doing it's a necessity. I'm sure that we'll need Dad's help with the closet doors in that room too...47 inches doesn't strike me as a standard opening size.

No comments: